Integral Paradigm of Knowledge for educational and working environment
Integral Paradigm of Knowledge for educational and working environment. Developmental paradigm of consciousness. Faculties of Consciousness and the Approaches to Knowledge. The development of the 1st person enquiry methods in pedagogy and content in education.
Research in IPK (Integral Paradigm of Knowledge) is a priority of La Grace Center, an Institute of Applied Research in Integral Studies, Fountain Inn, SC, USA.
The integral paradigm is based on the conscious development of the Faculties of Consciousness, commonly known as senses, such as Seeing and Hearing, Thinking and Speaking, Feeling and Being in the body (on all the levels of our being: physical, vital, mental and beyond), as well as other senses, such as Taste and Smell (but these are secondary); and the set of Verities or Qualities of the innermost being (Psychic Being or the embodied Soul), such as Sincerity, Humility, Gratitude, Perseverance, Aspiration, Receptivity, Courage, Goodness, Generosity, Equality and Peace.
The development of the Faculties of Consciousness belongs proper to the Technologies of Consciousness, whereas the Verities are the inner qualities of the very Being in us: the Soul.
The development of Faculties of Consciousness leads to the discovery of different modalities or approaches to knowledge, such as psychological, philosophical, linguistic, sociological, artistic and scientific. These are different approaches of our being exercising different faculties. For instance,
- Philosophical Approach is based on the Faculty of Seeing: to see things as they are, in their true light, to know the Truth as it is.
- Psychological Approach is based on the Faculty of Mental operation, identifying with the object of sense, focusing and concentrating on it, until it is identified with the subjective inner self and thus becomes known to us as our own self. It is known as ‘Knowledge by Identity’.
- Linguistic Approach is based on the Faculty of the Word as the capacity of subjective Self-Expression and communication.
- Sociological or Historical Approach is based on the Faculty of Hearing, as all-inclusive and comprehensive union all the elements of the system into a harmony, thus revealing their proper meanings, intentions, purpose.
- Artistic Approach is based on the Faculty of Feeling and Emotion, as a creative power charging the creation with the Life Force. Creating the Life for an object as artists do, and then bringing it to the embodied form (Art, Music, Architecture, Sculpture etc.)
- Scientific Approach is based on the objective perception of creation: Matter, Nature, as such.
To discover and to be able to master all these major approaches we have to train our faculties and become aware of their major characteristics first. Therefore, the research is needed with the group of people dedicated to the development of different faculties and those who want to develop an educational platform based on IPK.