Welcome to our Forum.

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Front Page Forums Divine Symbolism Practice for seeing all life as ‘symbol’ by Don Salmon

• Practice for seeing all life as ‘symbol’ by Don Salmon

Posted by La Grace on February 3, 2023 at 10:22 am

This is a link to a post I just posted for the symbolism class.

This is a selection from Loch Kelly’s book, “The Way of Effortless Mindfulness.”

I’m putting it here for the January-March LaGrace class on symbolism. I’m going to be presenting on the theme of all life as Divine symbol for the 3rd session. I’m playing around with how experiential to make it. The idea is, what matters most in perceiving the Divine symbolism in life is the stance from WHERE we are aware, from where we are conscious. if we are conscious IN or WITH the outer mind, we will “see” and “hear” very differently than if we look and hear from the inner realm, and even more dramatically if we “look through the eyes of infinity” – looking from the soul or the Self.” I love to challenge myself to express Integral yoga in as many “languages” as possible. here, Loch is using a modernized form of Tibetan Buddhist “glimpse” practices (practices that to the best of my understanding, are identical in spirit to many given by the Mother and Sri Aurobindo). I’ve rarely seen such a clear, simple distinction between witnessing, or being aware, from the mind (what he describes as the first four forms of “deliberate” mindfulness) and being aware from the Self (seeing FROM boundless, spacious awareness) and from the soul or psychic being (seeing/feeling/knowing FROM “open-hearted awareness) . I’d love to get feedback from you on how this connects with your experience – your experience of symbolism, and your experience in general. Thank you!)

La Grace replied 1 year, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.